Fitting a supercharger was never going to be easy!
The subframe needs extensively modifying in order for the supercharger belt pulley to have sufficient clearance. There was a lot of trial and error to get it right
Cutting the subframe
With the engine in place I marked the centre line of the engine pulley on the subframe and then I made a best guess of how low down the bottom of the cut out needed to be. It ended up being much lower than required. In the picture you can see I marked the centre of the circle 20mm down from the existing hole.
I used a 100mm metal hole saw to cut out the bulk of the material. The hole was much lower than required.
This image shows where the bottom of the cut out needs to be. The centre of the circular section that needs removing is almost exactly on the flat section of the subframe. You can start the hole a little lower as that will just mean more clearance for the pulley.
I ended up adding some metal back in to achieve the correct position of the cut out. Everything was welded up and smoothed out.
All welded up, smoothed out and a coat of red primer to protect it. The clutch slave was re-positioned which will be covered in another post.