The starting point
The majority of the running gear was brand new when it was fitted to the car. I had already painted it in black hammerite before fitting it and it hadn't covered any miles under it's own steam. The wear visible is from storage, jacking up and two house move on a car transporter.
The first job to do was stripping all the old dirt, grease and paint off the parts. I achieved this with a combination of using an abrasive wheel, sandpaper and I sent some parts out to be blast cleaned.
All of the parts were first covered in a coat of POR15 anti-rust paint before being coated in Rustoleum CombiColour Squirrel Grey (RAL7000) which has got to be one of the best paints I've ever worked with.
To make the painting process a little easier I put this stand together so I could hang the parts.