It has been a long time coming. About 8 years to be exact that I have wanted to purchase a Pro-Motive R1 kit. The day finally arrived on Friday 6th March 2020 when I took delivery of kit No: 125.
It's a really well engineered bit of kit complete with reverse gearbox and custom differential and I opted for a limited slip diff upgrade to handle the extra power I plan to throw at it.
Let the cutting begin
I'm not one to mess about so on Saturday I got the hole saw and angle grinder to make a start on modifying the sub-frame to accept my supercharger output drive. There aren't any examples to look to for inspiration so there is a lot of trial and error. I managed to cut the main hole a little lower than required so I will be adding some metal back in.
The bits I've cut out will be boxed back in once I happy I have all the clearance I need. So far it's looking like it will work.
Next, I will need to fabricate a new clutch slave cylinder mount and linkage.