I've been a little slack updating this website but progress has been made behind the scenes in a number of areas. I will keep this update brief and go into more detail in later posts.
Steering Rack Overhaul
The steering rack was in fairly good mechanical condition before the car came off the road so I didn't see any great need to replace it. It did however need a fresh coat of paint. Upon closer inspection it also needed at least one new rubber boot.
One of the final major parts of the engine cradle is now complete. I had been putting off tackling the job due to the complexities of the mtire's I needed to cut into the steel box section. It turned out to be a fairly straightforward solution using cardboard to produce an accurate template.
Front Subframe Modifications
Another job I've been putting off is the front cross bar on the front subframe. I cut the original piece out to make the engine cradle fabrication easier. I knew from similar conversions that clearance on the oil filter, oil cooler and exhaust down pipes would be an issue so I decided to extend the front as much as possible.
The engine cradle fabrication end is in sight and one of the remaining tasks was the fabrication of the engine steadies. There will be a total of three steadies, all fully adjustable rose-jointed custom made.
To make life a little easier I decided to purchase some pre-made link bars from McGill Motorsport due to my own attempts at making them ending in mixed results. I also purchased a band saw to make the bracket fabrication easier.